H.R. 4159, the America Competes Reauthorization Act of 2014
To see a fact sheet on H.R. 4159 click here.
See the press release here: Ranking Member Johnson Introduces the America Competes Act of 2014.
To see a list of endorsements for America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2010 click here.
H.R. 4186, Frontiers in Innovation, Research, Science, and Technology Act of 2014 (FIRST)
Introduced on March 11, 2014 was introduced by Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-IN) and is cosponsored by Full Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-TX). The Subcommittee on Research & Technology held a markup on March 13, 2014.
Ranking Member Johnson's opening statement at the Full Committee markup is below:
To see Ranking Member Johnson's and Rep. George Miller's comments on the FIRST Act click here.
Below are letters and statements from scientific organizations detailing opposition and concerns on the FIRST Act:
- Letter From The American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Letter From The American Geophysical Union
- Statement From The American Physical Society
- Letter From The American Society for Civil Engineers
- Letter From The Association of American Universities
- Letter From The Association of Public Land-Grant Universities
- Letter From The Coalition for National Science Funding
- Letter From The Consortium of Social Science Associations
- Statement From The Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- Letter From The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- Letter From The LEARN Coalition
- Letter from The National Federation of Federal Employees
- Statement From The National Science Board
- Letter From The Open Access Working Group
- Letter From The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Research Coalition
- Letter From The Science Coalition
- Letter From Scientific Organizations
- Letter From The Society for Historical Archaeology
- Letter From The Task Force on American Innovation